Small Enterprise Research
Small Enterprise Research (ISSN: 1321-5906) is an international, scholarly, and anonymously peer-reviewed journal, established in 1992, with an Asia Pacific entrepreneurship orientation, which presents practitioner, analytical and theoretical insights into small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) including entrepreneurial firms.
As the official membership journal of the Small Enterprise Association of Australia and New Zealand (SEAANZ), it is a forum supporting the objectives of SEAANZ, including the development of scholarship, education and research in respect of small enterprise.
Published in collaboration with the Small Enterprise Association of Australia and New Zealand (SEAANZ).
Small Enterprise Research publishes theoretical and empirical papers, case studies, literature reviews, book reviews and research notes.
|Editor-in-Chief||Associate Editor||Consulting Editor|
|Dr Kate Lewis||Professor Beth Walker
||Professor Brian Gibson
Small Enterprise Research periodically publishes special issues with a specific subject focus. A list of special issues is located on the right column of this page.
Evaluation copies of special, topic-based issues may be requested by course coordinators.
The geographic scope of Small Enterprise Research is global, although submissions focused on the Asia-Pacific region are particularly encouraged. Consistent with the scholarship development role of SEAANZ we also encourage submissions from early career researchers and research students.
Contributors should follow the journal's Author Guidelines.
Focus areas for research to be published in the journal include:
At a general level:
- The management of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) including entrepreneurial firms
- The growth and sustainability of SMEs and entrepreneurial firms
- The contribution of SMEs and entrepreneurial firms to regional and national economies
- The roles, attributes and characteristics of the individuals who start up and run SMEs
At a more specific level:
- Managing new business start-ups, growth and succession
- Family firm issues
- Home based enterprises
- Strategy, governance, planning, learning and leadership in privately owned firms
- Financial management of small enterprise
- Human resource management in small enterprises
- Studies with a regional or indigenous focus
- Emerging and developed economies
- Enterprise policy in respect to SMEs
- Education and training outcomes
- Studies of SME owner-managers from the perspective of age, gender, or ethnicity
- Contemporary issues in the SME context (e.g. sustainability and environmental management)
Price and Availability
Small Enterprise Research is available as a print and online subscription. Current prices are listed under Subscriptions. Individual articles are available on a Pay-Per-View (PPV) basis. Backsets of vols 1-18 are available for sale in limited numbers.
Multicampus, multiuser licenses and single user password access may be arranged by subscribers through their subscription agent or with the publisher. Online access is available to subscribers through EBSCOhost, SwetsWise, ProQuest, CNPIEC and CELDES.
Multi-user/multi-site and Consortia arrangements may be negotiated directly by the Publisher. One free inspection copy of the journal is available to librarians on request. Evaluation copies of special, topic-based issues may be requested by course coordinators. Discounts apply to large single-issue orders and course adoptions.
Abstracting and Indexing
Small Enterprise Research is abstracted and indexed in:
- Thomson Cengage
- EBSCO Publishing
- eBooks Corporation
- Cabell's and Ulrich's Periodicals Directories
- ARC Register of Refereed Journals
To track copyright compliance each article PDF is issued with a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). References in all online articles are crosslinked to their corresponding DOI through CrossRef.
Copyright in all back volume, current and submitted material to Small Enterprise Research (ISSN: 1321-5906) is vested in eContent Management Pty Ltd - in any medium, form, combination or format. Permission to reproduce material from Small Enterprise Research, which falls outside the provisions of the Australian Copyright Act 1968, should be sought directly from the copyright owner.
Small Enterprise Research (ISSN: 1321-5906) is owned and distributed exclusively by
eContent Management Pty Ltd (ABN 87 091 432 567)
Related Journals from eContent
Research Methods and Education
Management and Organisation
Call for Papers
Freelancers and Independent Contractors
Deadline for submissions: 30th November 2014
Publishing in August 2015 as Vol 22/2
Indigenous Enterprise and Small Business
Deadline for submissions: 30th November 2014
Publishing in December 2015 as Vol 22/3